WBMS BYOD Policy:
*Please refer to the handbook on the Rutherford County School District webpage for guidelines. The following are only a select number of guidelines taken from the handbook that students must follow:
- Students will access the internet through the RCS-Secure Network, which is available in every building in our district. Students will utilize their RCS usernames and passwords to access the Wi-Fi.
- Students are not allowed to use their cell phone or electronic device’s carrier signal.
- Any such usage will be deemed as Unauthorized Usage of a Cell Phone or Electronic Device and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- The teacher in the classroom has the final say on procedures in the classroom. If a teacher asks you not to use your device at a particular time, then you must follow those directions.
- Personal devices must remain OFF at all times except when it is being used for instructional purposes, and permission has been granted by the instructing teacher.
- As stated in board policy 6.312: “Unauthorized use or improper storage of a device will result in confiscation of the device and appropriate disciplinary action.” Possession of a personal device under the RCS policy is a privilege which may be forfeited by a student who fails to abide by all policies and procedures. Refer to the attached BYOD User Guidelines document for further guidance. Students may not use their device to get on any social media platform at the bus stop, on the bus, and/or during school hours.
- The device may not be used to record, transmit, or post photographic images or video of a person, or persons on campus during school activities including district provided transportation unless assigned by the teacher and allowed by the RCS Acceptable Use, Media Release, and Internet Safety Procedures.
No amount of time will be spent in an attempt to locate and recover lost or stolen items. Bring device at your own risk.