Whitworth-Buchanan Middle School Vision
The mission of Whitworth-Buchanan Middle School is to create an environment that empowers all students to achieve excellence at high levels through learning, social responsibility, and self-worth by:
- Show pride in their school, own their own learning, and can share data of their own progress;
- Will be respectful with their interpersonal skills to provide a safe environment and set high expectations to motivate their desire to learn; and
- Are prepared and organized so they will be actively engaged and produce meaningful work.
- Show their commitment and enthusiasm to implementing all professional development, school initiatives, and best practices with fidelity;
- Use data to drive their instruction and adapt strategies to meet individual student needs; and
- Collaborate productively with each other to ensure high academic rigor and growth.
- Will provide monitoring and evaluation of instruction while providing immediate, appropriate feedback to teachers;
- Works together towards common goals including utilizing faculty strengths that promote individual success for all stakeholders; and
- Utilizes clear and consistent procedures to support instruction and ensure a safe environment.
Parents and Community
- Value the school’s goals as demonstrated through their participation in a variety of school-sponsored events; and
- Work to encourage visibility of the school and collaborate with the school on decisions about school funding and resources.